Saturday, September 19, 2009

Upside down

Greeting blogworld,

I just sort of opened up a post not sure what I was going to right about. Then, I looked over my shoulder and for the third time today, the dog is sleeping on her back, leg sprawled out in the air. Upside down. First thing that came to my mind. Apparently is struck a chord because it got me thinking about how there is a bunch of upside down going on right now. Things that were different than expected, or just a different as we expected.

We turned our life upside down to come out here to the middle of North Dakota. My experience of this is nothing compared to my wife's. I have been here before, I grew up going here. Anna, however, is in a total change of everything. I was just feeling appreciative of her tonight. She is with her family in Philly for a cousin's wedding right now. If your lucky, she will write about the craziness of her trip. Wow.

A bunch of our possessions are still upside down in a box in the basement or "craproom" as we dubbed it. It is actually mostly set now. I got to organize a bunch of it these last couple of days and that feels really good. We finally have a camera that works do we will put up pictures soon. We still have little thing and decorations to put up and some painting.

Any brilliant Spirit-led inspiration for painting and decor ideas?

I have officially started farming on Facebook. The prairie is getting to me. Anna started it. I am totally addicted. I will probably have to take a time out from this post to harvest my raspberries...

Time in. Not ready yet.

I guess the point is this. Game on for having some things be upside down. One of our favorite authors is Mike Yaconelli. He wrote this absolutely spectacular book called "Dangerous Wonder" and in it he gives a little shot to Christians who view life as a series of mountains and valleys, ups and downs. He says that his life, and hopefully our lives, look much more like a roller coaster. Twists, turns, inversions, circles, the occasional upset stomach, and so much fun. Our friend singer/songwriter/speaker Peder Eide has planned what his last words will be..."what a ride!"

Amen, and amen.

God's Peace...

jared (and anna)

No comments:

Post a Comment