Thursday, September 3, 2009

It's about time...

Hey blogworld,

Clearly my wife is the faithful blogger for the family and I couldn't let the the new puppy be beat me. I am sure you will see a post from her sometime soon. She has huge paws so typing is an issue. All that to say, I am contributing for the first time and its kinda fun.

Right now, existential dilemna. I am sitting at the computer, listening to some calming internet radio, just finished a bottled carmel frap (not as good as the original), my dear wife is upstairs, and the puppy is sacked out beside me. The picture of relaxation. Then there's the half that says, ahhhhhhhh. Boxes still to unpack, the dog is chewing on the foam insulation in the mudroom, we are broke, and the work list is getting long already. This is existential.

Maybe a little overdramatic. God is good and He's got good plans for the day. There is a psalm somewhere that says something about how God promises to give us just enough strength for each day. Anna and I were talking just honestly last night, as all movement was frozen with a pinched nerve in her neck (pray for that), how this move has been kind of hard to far. There have been plenty of joys but plenty of stressors as well as sometimes they look bigger, almost boogeymanish.

When I coach volleyball I tell the team, when they are losing, to try to view the game as something that happens one point at a time. They can handle one point at a time. I suppose with God's help and guidance and challenge we can handle one moment, or hour, or day at a time. He gives the strength and He is good at it.

Ahh, this blog thing is fun.

God be with you all today!

jared (and anna)

No comments:

Post a Comment